Every young lady need to know her worth. In today’s society many young ladies look to the media to learn how to be a young lady. Which is not always a good thing. Being a Certified Teen Coach you can help many young ladies know their self worth.
Why is it important for a young lady to learn proper “Lady Like Behavior”?
Negative stereotypes of women, many young girls are not taught how to behave in a lady-like manner.
We all want our children to have good relations with their peers as well as have a great self-image. Girls in particular often struggle with poor body image, peer and social pressures to look a certain way, or can lose confidence in their academic abilities during adolescence. Help ensure your daughter grows up to be a strong and confident woman.
What do we know about girls’ self-esteem?
Self-esteem is related to how we feel about ourselves: it’s not just how we look but how we feel about how we look. And it’s not just how successful or smart others say we are, but how confident we feel about our talents and abilities. Consider the following in order to understand the internal and external pressures girls feel, and how these pressures affect the development of their self-esteem:
- Eating disorders, low self-esteem, and depression are the most common mental health problems in girls.
- 59% of 5–12th grade girls in one survey were dissatisfied with their body shape.
- 20–40% of girls begin dieting at age 10.
- By 15, girls are twice as likely to become depressed than boys.
- Among 5–12th graders, 47% said they wanted to lose weight because of magazine pictures.
- Health risks accompany girls’ drop in self-esteem due to risky eating habits, depression, and unwanted pregnancy